Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the Traveling Natural History Program?
- Interactive, educational programs about intriguing aspects of the natural world and the relationships between people and the environment.
- Age-appropriate, preschool to elders.
- 13 different programs about topics such as biomes, animal adaptations, vernal pools, mammals, tide pools, skeletons, and more.
- Every program manifests the Chewonki mission: to inspire transformative growth, teach appreciation and stewardship of the natural world, and challenge people to build thriving, sustainable communities throughout their lives.
Q. Who attends TNHP presentations?
- Schools, libraries, campgrounds, conservation organizations, resorts, assisted living centers, private event planners.
Q. What are the benefits of a TNHP visit?
- TNHP presentations are designed to enhance students’ classroom learning and support study units on animals, environmental studies, and science. Ask us how we’ve adapted our programs to meet the Next Generation Science Standards and Common Core State Standards!
- We educate, engage, and entertain your students.
- You don’t have to come to Chewonki to experience these outstanding programs; we deliver to you.
Q. What can I expect from a TNHP experience?
- Chewonki quality in content and teaching (31 years of imaginative program design and delivery guarantee a valuable experience)
- Flexible scheduling
Do you have questions? We have answers! Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org